“We live in a time of dramatic paradigm shifts that challenge all of us to re-imagine the ways we have traditionally understood ourselves and our relationships. Bill Crawford not only gives us a wealth of new information that can inspire this process of change, he also gives us the practical tools to make it happen. Bill Crawford has a powerful gift of making complicated material accessible, memorable, and practical in application.”
~ Charles Gaby, MA, LPC
Director, Center for Creative Transformation
“If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don’t have integrity, nothing else matters.”
~ Alan K. Simpson
Approximately eight years ago, I implemented a fee policy that I call, “Integrity-Based Pricing.” This policy is based upon the belief that those who are requesting my services are people of integrity who often have a specific budget to work with in terms of what they can spend for a speaker and/or trainer.
Therefore, rather than charging a certain amount for a keynote, breakout session, corporate training, etc., I created two policies designed to allow me to work with a variety of budgets. They are my “Very Flexible Fee Policy” and my “Extremely Flexible Fee Policy.”
Very Flexible Fee Policy
The “Very Flexible Policy” is for organizations who have budgets in the $5,000 to $25,000 range. Again, because I believe that I am always working with people of integrity, if you will agree to pay me the maximum your budget will allow, I will agree to speak at your event for this amount.
Extremely Flexible Fee Policy
My “Extremely Flexible Policy” is for organizations whose budget is below $5000, and yet still want a quality speaker for your event. In this case, I just ask you to make up the difference with enthusiastic recommendations to your colleagues. This means that in exchange for my working with your budget of less than $5000, you:
- Pay me the maximum your budget will allow.
- Explore whether your organization might have a separate budget for materials that would allow you to purchase a copy of one of my books for each of the participants.
- Send an email out to your state and national professional association recommending that they consider me for future events.
- Post a review of his message and material on your Facebook page and/a send a short “tweet” out if you have a twitter account.
Add me to your professional LinkedIn network (if you are a LinkedIn member) and post a recommendation there as well.
- Do anything else you can think of that might result in others learning of the value of my presentations.
While this policy was designed to make the process of hiring me easier, for some, this ambiguity has reportedly been somewhat stressful.
Therefore if you would be more comfortable knowing the range of fees I have received for engagements in the past, I am happy to share that information with you.
- Keynotes: $1,500 to $25,000
- Full-day trainings/presentations: $2,000 to $10,000
- Half-day trainings/presentations: $1,500 to $7,500
- One hour to an hour and a half training/presentation: $500 to $5,000
- Consulting: $1,000 to $3,000 per day
- Individual Counseling: $60 to $160 per hour
- Executive Coaching: $100 to $300 per hour
As you can see, the range is quite wide due to the variety of organizations that have requested my services. As mentioned, the goal of this philosophy is to make integrity the driving energy in terms of negotiating fees, and to deal with the issue of budget constraints in a creative way so that my message of clarity, confidence, and creativity is available to as many people and as many organizations as possible.
If this concept of Integrity-Based Pricing appeals to you, I look forward to creating a presentation for you and your organization.